A block’s walk to over 13 miles of bike paths along the beautiful Willamette River, this charming country cottage, exquisitely remodeled in 2015, has a classy rustic vibe. Just a five minute walk to Cider Station (regional hard ciders and beer on tap and several food carts) and a bicycle rental store, and just a short drive to UO, downtown shopping, eateries, & brewery district. Private & quiet with A/C. An Airbnb favorite! :-)
Note: Rates vary based on demand and summer/winter rates differ.
Park Avenue Cottage is a beautiful, very private cottage located behind our main house with its own entrance and brick pathway leading from the parking space to the cottage. It has been newly and extensively renovated!
This cozy, home away from home rests in a quiet, charming, inviting and safe neighborhood just a few minutes walk to over 13 miles of river walking/bike paths along the Willamette River, a few minutes drive to two major grocery stores or to Whitaker's bustling night life, less than ten minutes to downtown Eugene and a 10-15 minute drive to the U of O campus. Just 1/2 block to the bus stop which takes you downtown.
The cottage has its own deck with a table, chairs and a burbling fountain for you to enjoy at your pleasure. It's the perfect place to enjoy a beer or glass of wine or eat a meal. And if you are here during the fall, feel free to pick a few apples from our apple tree! Delicious!
Note: We are building a tumbleweed tiny house out behind the cottage. Don't worry, we'll work around your comings and goings and try to make hammering and sawing noises only while you are gone! Your peace and quite is important to us. :-) If you are interested in learning more about the whole tiny house movement, come on back and take a look!
Perfect for 1 to 4 guests (an inflatable air mattress also available for extra guests). New 2018 Satvaa ultra-premium, eco-friendly luxury firm queen bed downstairs (your slice of heaven). New Sealy Queen mattress up in the loft.
Note: There are a couple things left to do in the cottage - I'm building some nice shelves in the bathroom and kitchen area to install in the near future.
Nearby Restaurants & Breweries -
Just a five minute walk to the Cider Station and Beer garden, a casual, covered and heated outdoor Oregon venue with regional craft cider and craft beers on tap as well as a variety of food carts including:
Easley Does It - tacos and tortas and keto-friendly options
Nosh - egg rolls filled with “noshable goodness” (carnivore, vegetarian and gluten free options)
Cheese Bliss - they LOVE grilled cheese!
Hop in your car or on your bike and ride just 5-7 min. to Eugene's hot spot, the “Barmuda Triangle" located in the Whiteaker neighborhood ("Esquire" calls it "the weirdest neighborhood in America!"), with its renowned breweries and lots of eating adventure:
Izakaya Meiji Company
Pizza Research Institute
Chao Pra Ya Thai Cuisine
Vanilla Jill's frozen yogurt
Laughing Planet Café
Sweet Life Patisserie
Cornbread Café (Dinners, Drives & Dives show)
Noli Ristorante Italiano
Ninkasi Brewing & restaurant
Hop Valley Brewing Co.
New Day Bakery
Sam Bond’s Garage
Subs Sushi Burrito Food Truck
Burgers On the Run
and many more!
Within a few blocks walk from the cottage are several restaurants including:
Govinda's Vegan fair
Lonches To Go Mexican Food Cart
Tio Pepe Mexican
Twin Dragon Chinese
Toxic Wings & Fries
Countryside Pizza & Grill
Global Delights Coffee Kiosk
Other Attractions -
River Road Park (with picnic tables, playground, pool and weight room) is just a few minutes away. Or you can drive 15 min to Fern Ridge Reservoir for sun, swimming and some of the best sailing in the northwestern United States!
Hult Center, Bach Festival, Cuthbert Amphitheatre and Hayward Field for Olympic track and field trials are just a short drive away.
Cinemark Theater, located at Valley River Shopping Mall, is a beautiful 20-25 minute walk along the river path or a ten minute drive.
Eugene area vineyards to visit include:
Noble Estate Vineyard and Winery, Sweet Cheeks Winery, Silvan Ridge Winery, King Estate Winery and more. All just a beautiful country drive away.
Eugene's Airport, Mahlon Sweet Field, is less than 10 min away for an easy end to your long travels.
• Bamboo, wide plank, distressed hardwood floor throughout.
• High-speed wireless internet w/streaming ability from Netflix/HULU.
• 60-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model) with super easy "Wii" like remote. Basic HD cable. Hulu+ gives you tons to watch if you want. Blu-ray player coming soon!
• Studio style space with defined living room, bedroom, kitchen areas and separate bath. There's even a loft for overflow guests. (Note: The loft is lightly railed and is not safe for young kids!)
• Beautiful kitchen with maple shaker cabinets, solid granite counter top and oil rubbed bronze fixtures. New full-size refrigerator w/ice maker, professional gas range, microwave, disposal, and a full set of high quality cutlery kept sharp by the wood crafter of the house. Coffee maker & toaster, too. All the cookware and eating utensils you need to make a mini-gourmet's mouth water!
• Fully furnished with new queen size beds both downstairs and in the loft.
• Quality bedding and bath linens provided.
• The bathroom has a large walk-in artisan tile shower, tile floor, sink and toilet.
• Large dresser and small closet for clothing and suitcases.
• Coffee, tea and sugar, local beer, assorted snacks and granola are provided for our guests.
• Front deck with your own centurion filbert tree for shade and a gurgling fountain to read by, or just to enjoy the morning or afternoon with!
• Several guests like the shower amendments so much that they wanted to know what we use. Currently, we stock the shower with
- Petal Fresh Pure, Age-Defying Shampoo, w/grape seed & olive oil Pierre's Apothecary.
- Hydrating Conditioner w/Argan Oil of Morocco Ivory
- Clean & Simple, Aloe, Scented Body Wash.
• An inflatable air mattress also available for extra guests.
• Check in available by 2 pm and check out is 11 am.
• Reserved parking with brick path back to cottage alongside of house
• There are three low steps up the deck to the door
We live in a wonderfully quiet neighborhood in north Eugene, just a block from miles of walking and bicycling trails along the Willamette River and a five minute walk to the Cider Station, with regional craft hard cider and craft beers on tap as well as several food carts. We have lived in our home for 35 years and love the variety of homes, friendly neighbors and 100+ year old trees in our neighborhood. We’re away from the bustle of the city, but just minutes away from beautiful parks, duck ponds, movie theaters, restaurants and downtown. You can also rent a bicycle just down the street (five minute’s walk) to explore the city along the beautiful river paths. We love our location!
Eugene, Oregon, Sjedinjene Države