Due to COVID19, we want to confirm our standard cleaning process for guests:
- Kitchen and bathroom are cleaned with windex and clorox
- Comforter is laundered between every stay (as are all linens/towels, of course)
- Fabric-covered chair and throw pillows have been removed
- All surfaces are wiped down (fridge, microwave, table, light switches, etc.)
- Clorox wipes provided for extra peace of mind
- Complimentary bikes
- EV charging for Tesla drivers
- Minutes to Lady Bird Lake
- 1 GB fiber Internet
- Pets allowed ($25 fee)
The Kanga Tiny House comfortably sleeps two people, sharing a queen bed. If you are traveling with a third person, or simply need extra sleeping space, we have a twin-sized air mattress available for you to borrow, or a pac'n'play for a little one. (Please ask for this in your reservation request if you need it). Floor space is limited, so we may rearrange furniture to comfortably accommodate your group.
Check-in time is 3pm or later. Access is through a keyless lock for which you'll be provided a code prior to approval, so late night check-ins are not a problem. Check-out time is 12pm.
Dogs are permitted on a case-by-case basis for an additional per visit fee of $25, and approval must be obtained ahead of a booking being made. The fee will be added to the booking through a booking alteration/special offer. In cases of Instant Books, we'll submit a request for pet fee payment through the Airbnb system. Guests must keep their dogs supervised at all times when in the yard, leashed when outside the yard, and must pick up after them.
The Kanga Tiny House is roughly 200 square feet, and features:
- 1GB fiber Internet (through WiFi Airport Extreme)
- We have a Roku TV with several free apps and a Netflix subscription.
- USB Charger for your devices
- Wireless Charging Pad from Ikea (your device must be wireless enabled)
We keep the place well stocked with all of the basics, as well as extra towels and blankets.
- 15 minutes (6.6 miles) from Austin Bergstrom International Airport,
- 5 minutes (1.5 miles) from the Austin Convention Center,
- Approx. $6 or $7 Uber/Lyft ride from downtown,
- 1.7 miles to Austin's famous Rainey Street bar and restaurant district. We recommend taking Uber/Lyft unless you feel like a 30 minute walk,
- 3 blocks away from the Lady Bird Lake trailhead on Pleasant Valley, for walking/biking/running (by Longhorn Dam).
If you enjoy exploring on foot, or alternative transit options like bikes and buses, this is a good spot for you. You'll be just one block away from Cesar Chavez St, a major thoroughfare that goes into downtown, where there's an eclectic mix of dining, drinking, retail, services, gas stations, and single family homes. We're only a few short blocks from the Lady Bird Lake trail and head over Longhorn Dam, which pops you out onto a hiking, biking, and running loop that is several miles long. The boardwalk over the lake provides great views of downtown.
There are plenty of things in walking distance, and we recommend looking at our Guidebook for more details. Our favorites for food & groceries:
- JuiceLand on E Cesar Chavez, a smoothie & juice spot, approx. 3 minutes away
- Tacos Guerrero on Cesar Chavez & Pleasant Valley, fantastic breakfast tacos for only $2 a piece
- La Barbecue on E Cesar Chavez (we recommend preordering, at least 5 days in advance, to save yourself a couple of hours in a long line for the best brisket in town).
- Kemuri Tatsu-Ya, 1.5 blocks away, fantastic Texas & Japanese fusion food
- Juniper, 1 block away, a small plates restaurant with great cocktails
- Counter Culture on E Cesar Chavez, a vegan restaurant, 2 blocks away
- Blue Owl Brewing, a sour-mashed beer micro brewery, 1 block away
- Juniper, a classy Italian restaurant with great wine and outdoor seating, 1 block away
- HEB on E 7th, a grocery store, approx. 10 minutes away
- Hi Hat on E 6th, a gastropub, approx. 15 minutes away
- Counter Cafe on E 6th, a breakfast & lunch diner, approx. 15 minutes away
- Launderette on Holly St at St Martinez Jr St has one of the best burgers in town plus a tasty rotating dessert menu.
There are many more options for dining and services. If you prefer to drive to any of these you'll get there in less than 5 minutes.
We are avid travelers ourselves, and love staying with AirBnB hosts any chance we get. We want to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and are completely open to frank feedback on how to improve your time in the Kanga Tiny House.
The guesthouse is in the gentrifying East Side neighborhood. It's a wonderful, artsy, quirky place in the heart of the East Side entertainment district. There are countless restauraunts, food trucks, bars, and even four breweries within walking distance. Lady Bird Lake and the hike and bike trail are just a couple blocks away. The Convention Center is minutes away and all of downtown is easily accessible by e-scooter, e-bike, and rideshare. We are just 10 minutes from the airport.
Austin, Teksas, Sjedinjene Države